Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goals for 2012

In my last post, I talked about committing to spending time once a month hanging out with my son.  That got me motivated to finish figuring out the rest of my goals for 2012.  They included main goals of things to accomplish, books to read, DIY projects to try out, and recipes to make.  Here are a few of the highlights....

Overall Goals:
  • Commit to reading my Bible daily (In the past I would skip it if I didn't get to it in the morning before the kids get up, but this year I'm going to read it before bed if I haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • Schedule a monthly date night with my husband.  (It's usually more like every 3 months around here and I really do like hanging out with him.)
  • Attend family game night at church at least 4 times this year.  (We always say we'd like to go check it out but never get around to it.)
Books To Read:
  • Heaven Is For Real (I just finished this book and highly recommend it!)
  • The Money Saving Mom Budget (I'm currently reading it and it has been good so far.  If you follow her blog, there are still new things to be learned from the book.)
  • Building Your Mate's Self-Esteem
DIY Projects:
  • Plant green peppers.  (My family loves these and I've heard they are fairly easy to grow.)
  • Start my own blog.  :)  (Done!)
  • Try to re-sell my outgrown children's clothing.  (I haven't decided yet how I'm going to do this so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.)
Recipes To Try:
  • Homemade Taco Seasoning
  • Ice Cream Cake (I've never made one before, but found a really fun recipe that involves Malted Milk Balls, which are my mom's favorite, so maybe I'll make it for her.)
  • Lemon Buddies (A chex mix made with white chocolate chips and lemon flavor that's supposed to taste like a lemon bar.  I hope it's as good as it sounds!)
How about the rest of you?  Any goals for the coming year?  And lastly, always remember... 
"Progress, Not Perfection!"   
It's important that even if we aren't meeting our goals entirely to keep working towards them.  Good luck in whatever you are trying to acheive right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment