Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How menu planning can save the day...

So, I have missed a few posts recently because of the sickness continued to go around our house until today and the fact that we had 3 wrestling tournaments in 3 days this weekend, which involved a night spent out of town.  But I'm not going to complain about all of that.  Instead, I'm going to tell you that I like menu planning all the time, and I especially like it after the past week when without it we probably wouldn't have ate very well at all.

I don't do your traditional meal planning, but what I do works tremendously well for our family.  I simply write out everything we have on hand in the house (whether fresh from the grocery store or in the freezer and pantry) and then work off of that to decide what we're having on any given day.  Because of our well-stocked pantry and freezer and the menu ideas already written out, I didn't have to worry about grocery shopping in the middle of a crazy week.  it was easy for me to tell my husband what to make when I was too sick to get out of bed and I was able to whip together some quick and easy meals when I was taking care of everyone else.  Although this system works for us, it may not work for you.  I encourage you, however, to find a system that does work for you.  If you need some other ideas, just search for it online and I'm sure you will get a ton of new ideas. 

Meal planning takes a small amount of time to do, and can save you a lot of frustration, time, and money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment