Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rest & Relaxation

Life has been better to me lately and I feel like I can finally get back into a routine and start blogging again.  My goal is to post on Wednesday and Friday during the summer.

My husband and I just returned from a 5 day cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel and it was just the time I needed to come home feeling refreshed.  We laid out in the sun, had a few drinks, ate lots of yummy food, and enjoyed adult time doing things such as karaoke that aren't a normal part of our lives.  We had left the day after classes were done and enjoyed a long weekend with our kids and my family in Florida before we left on the ship.  The end of the semester was very difficult for me so I couldn't wait to go, but now that is all behind me and I'm ready to start teaching for the spring/summer semester next Monday.  Right now I am busy planning my baby's 1st birthday party.  While I am excited, it does make me a bit sad that the year has flown by so quickly.  Sometimes I think that I focused to much on other things and should have made time with her more of a priority, but in the end, we do the best we can at the time.  As I am only working 16 hours a week this summer (plus grading, but I fit that in whenever I can), I have plans to spend a lot of time enjoying my time at home with the kids.  We have a 15 foot pool, a trampoline, and by the end of the day, hopefully a swingset so we will have plenty to do.  Do you have any exciting plans for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment