Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

While today was not a noteworthy Mother's Day, I am still thankful to be a mother.  I have to keep reminding myself when day to day frustrations arise that we do it all while we hope and pray that the end result will show all of the work we put in.  The hard part is that it is a very long process.  Today in church, they showed a video about the unnoticed acts of mothers.  I know that I every day do many things that go unnoticed by my children and husband, but I have to keep in perspective that God sees it even if no one else does.  Often times, when I'm struggling with feeling unappreciated, I remind myself of the verse in the Bible that talks about doing all things as if doing them for the Lord.  This helps me to keep plugging along in the drudgery of unending to do lists that are part of being a mother and also helps me to enjoy those unexpected sweet moments when my husband does notice all my hard work or my son unexpectedly does something nice to help me out.  While thinking about all of the unnoticed things I do, I can't help but also think about the many number of unnoticed things I'm sure my own mom did for me and my sister, and I am so appreciative of it now, even though I can say with all honesty that I did not completely understand all that she did until becoming a mother myself.  So to all of the ladies out there, whether it was the best Mother's Day ever or one full of struggles, know that I am wishing you a Happy Mother's Day and that someday all of you do will be recognized in one way or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment