Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Road Of Life Is Full Of Potholes

This weekend was my son's state championship for wrestling.  The coach's wife gave the hotel information to my husband, who apparently was not listening when she was explaining it.  He simply told me to call and make a reservation at that hotel so I did but they said they were sold out.  We made other arrangements to stay with my aunt that night and then come home the following afternoon after he wrestled.  When we stopped for him to weigh in, he asked if he could stay and hang out so we agreed.  A little while later the coach's wife called and asked if we were headed to the hotel.  Apparently she had made all of the reservations in her name and had paid for all of them.  We then had to scramble around to get all sorts of things we hadn't brought to stay with family or for two nights.  The rest of the weekend was filled with computer glitches, getting lost, and a bunch of other mishaps.  In the end though, our son had a great weekend even if he didn't place and we survived.  My husband and I even got some alone time on the way home!  :) 

Remember... When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment