Friday, March 2, 2012

Why I love mornings...

I love mornings!  It's when I feel most productive and it's really the only quiet time at my house during the entire day.  On the days when I don't have to work, my husband and I get up and I pack his lunch while he gets ready and then we are usually able to chat for a few minutes before he leaves.  Then I get my son up and on the bus.  After that, my daughter usually sleep for a few more hours so I am able to get so much accomplished during that time alone.  I get a load or two of laundry started, put away the dishes from the night before,  make my bed, spend time reading my Bible, enjoy my morning cup of coffee (I know I drink way too much caffeine, but I'm ok with that!) and usually have time to get started on my homework or grading papers too.  Once the baby is up, I do what I can around the house when she is entertained for a few minutes and then complete anything else that needs serious attention after the kids go to bed.  If I have to do that though, it takes away time I could be enjoying with my husband, so I try to get as much done as I can in the mornings to make the rest of the day go more smoothly.  On the days I work, it's a whole different story, but the same principle of getting a lot more accomplished in a shorter amount of time when no one else is up still applies.  I get up at 4 am and am out of the house by 5 am (sometimes 5:30 am if I'm subbing at a facility close to my house), but in that time, between getting ready, I can usually unload the dishwasher or answer emails and get something started for dinner for my family.  

Today's tip for getting the most out of your day is to get up before your family (or at least your kids) in the morning and take the few extra moments of quiet to accomplish something you have a hard time fitting in later in the day.  I hope you all have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment