Thursday, April 25, 2013

Failure

This week I had to give one of my students a failing grade in my clinical.  I really hate when I have to do that, but their behavior in my class warranted the grade, and after speaking with the two other instructors who also have this particular student, we all seemed to be in agreement about the situation.  When I was returning their final evaluation and discussing the grade and my many requests to meet with them about their work, they said to me, "I knew that I was failing the past few weeks so I had pretty much just given up".

This got me thinking about our lives, and how we relate to God.  As Christians, we can't fail in this life.  Sure we will make mistakes, but God is always there with grace and mercy to forgive us and pick us back up if we are willing to repent and run back to Him.  We don't need to give up, like this student did, because there is always a chance to start over again right now.

"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." 
Psalms 103:11-12

God longs to see us succeed.  He wants what is best for us.  There will be testing of our faith and correction when needed, but He is still our biggest fan, cheering us on until His work is complete in us.  He has given each of us unique talents and gifts so that we may be a blessing to Him and those around us.  When we are seeking His purpose for our lives, and doing what we are called to do, we will find a sense of joy and fulfillment unlike anything else we have ever experienced before.  

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you 
and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."          
Jeremiah 29:11

What is God asking you today?  It may seem scary, but if we are willing to step out in faith, He will provide us with the strength, courage, encouragement, and whatever else we may need to succeed.  He will also be there to catch us if we fall.  What one thing can you do today to begin working towards what you are feeling called to do?  If you feel like you aren't sure where God is leading you right now, try starting today with prayer that you would see clearly what God is wanting you to do in this season of your life.

I'd love to join in praying for you to find God's purpose for your life right now!  While I pray that any woman reading this is blessed and encouraged to follow where she feels she is being called to serve, I would love to pray for you specifically.  Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message and let me know what I can be praying about.  I hope that you have a week blessed with a strong sense of God's presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment